>> Saturday, June 6, 2009
Once upon a time, -uhh no, about a month ago, Ah pek told me apples are boring. So I stopped eating boring apples, at the same time, my mummy kept buying. So she buys and she buys and today, she stopped buying. Finally, she realized how many apples were overriped in the fridge. (I'm kind of blaming ah pek for this!)
Coincidentally, I heard this song while I was at the gym. I spent the whole afternoon in the kitchen. Made this. Ate it. Loved it. Moved on. But I would still look back, and smile.
I know I'm suppose to be studying. The apples shouldn't be wasted somehow!! (They were still edible just that I don't know how am I suppose to eat 5 mini apples for breakfast?!
170g plain flour
50g rolled oats (I used instant quaker oats)
1/2 tsp baking powder
110g soften butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 lemon juice
3 large apples or 5 small apples (I used 5 small GrannySmith apples) - Cored and diced
1cup of warm water
2 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp brown sugar
(1) Cook the apple filling in a sauce pan at medium heat until apple softens. Add water little by little and make sure the apple sauce thickens.
(2) Sift plainflour, sugar, bakingpowder. Mix in rolled oats.
(3) Cut the soften butter into small pieces with a knife.
(4) Rub in butter with a fork. Gradually add in beaten egg and vanilla
(5) Place half of the crumble mixture in the tray. Spread apple filling evenly on top, and pour the rest of the crumble in.
(6) Preheat oven at 190°C. Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until the crumbles turn brown.
(7) Serve hot with vanilla icecream, a glaze of honey or hot chocolate!