>> Monday, January 18, 2010
What's up with me and bread baking? I love homemade breads, kneading into the bread and waiting for it to proof, somehow excites me. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I'm a morning person. I wake up to greet beautiful mornings and I can't wait to grab myself a good breakfast. A way I start a new day.
If you know me well enough, you would probably know what happened to the bread. I added wholemeal in it. You don't have to. And the filling.. It's just actually whatever you like. I just love how baking breads could be versatile compared to cakes, don't you?
Sweet Potato Buns Recipe
(adapted from Bread Code by Wendy Kor)
250g high protein flour
5g instant yeast
100g mashed sweet potato (steamed)
250g pandan and chickpea filling ♥Method:1) Blend flour, yeast, sugar, salt and water in mixer for 1min at low speed. Using medium speed, blend for 5mins till bread becomes coarse.
2) Add in butter and mashed sweet potato and continue to blend till bread dough is springy and shiny (or knead for 15-20min).
3) Place into container covered with clingwrap and proof for 30mins until bread dough doubles in size.
4) Divide bread into 50g portions and proof for 10mins. Roll up the filling into ball shape.
5) Wrap the filling with the bread dough, flatten and use scissors to cut out openings around it.
6) Place on a greased baking tray, sprinkle with white sesame seeds and let it rest for 40mins.
7) Bake in pre-heated oven at 200X for 10-12mins.
♥ I used store bought red bean filling